UWM's Center on Age & Community hosted CREATE/CHANGE: Transforming Care for Elders Through Creative Engagement, June 24-28, 2012, including a full TimeSlips training.
The Institute was inspired by and based on THE PENELOPE PROJECT, a 2-year collaboration between UWM, Luther Manor, and Sojourn Theatre. Over 50 attendees came to study the power and craft of cross-sector (arts/education/long term care) partnership. They worked in cross-sector teams to design their own transformative creative engagement projects.
We aim to offer the Institute again in 2014.
- TimeSlips creative storytelling method
- Theatre and performance methods
- Theories of individual and organizational change
- Evidence-based models for arts/aging partnerships
- How to design and evaluate your own project
- Basic tenants of person-centered care